With just a few dollars you can put together a cool artistic display area for your youth group room. You can also make this part of a program idea.
Again, this was another idea that Kevin Alton really liked. I can’t remember whether this was a lifehacker thing or a photojojo craft, but it worked so we are sharing it here.
1. Get some thin wire & a packet of mini binder clips. Total cost is like $5 – 20 dollars depending on how much you want to buy.
2. Pull some of the wire for the length that you want them to hang. Wrap the wire around one of the mini-binder clips and then secure that clip to the ceiling. If you have a drop ceiling this is really really easy. If you do not have a drop ceiling then you might have to become a bit more creative. Hang as many strings as you so desire. In these photos we did some 20 wires that made a small ‘room’ that you could stand in.
3. From there you take the wire end and then do a loop and through of one side of the binder clip. If done right it should slide up the wire as needed, but with a little pressure pulling down will hold some paper, photos, poster board., or even foam core boards. It is isn’t so strong to hold really heavy objects, but why not give it a try.
4. String up four to 10 mini-binder clips on the strings. Space the clips as evenly as possible.
5. Hang whatever you want from there. If they are on the walls you can hang photos. Within these photos we used this for hanging meditations, poems, prayers, laments, and some pictures that youth created.
Some ideas for this might be to do a photo collage wall of a mission trip or retreat. Some affirmation wall where people can hang cards of affirmation for others in the youth group. Or you can use it like we did for youth to put together poems, prayers, etc.